SISTER NORMA BAUTISTA

QUEZON CITY NORTH MISSION
8/13 TO 3/15

Sunday, September 8, 2013

1st week in the Manila MTC


Hey Family and Friends,
Oh my gosh it is 10AM Friday here so its about 5 or 6PM Thursday there? i'm not sure. Anyway, the MTC is way too much fun!! I don't know where to start, and I only have 1 hour. Our P-days are on Friday not Monday. Once we get out on the feild it will change to Friday. On Friday our schedule will change, for the times we can email home. I'll keep you updated. Anyway, ahhh theres so much to say! I am just picking up the language like no other, I can testify in Tagalog and I can say opening prayer in Tagalog when teaching an investigator. I can say basic things in the language and it is so nice to know that I am able to just soak it all up.

I went to the Manila temple at like 7AM this morning? If you haven't been to the temple then that means you need to go there ASAP!  Anyway sorry for jumping around so much.  Did I tell you I tried fried fish ..like with the whole body and everything?! Yea, it was actually good. Anyway, I am still adjusting to the food, when I want other Elder's and Sister's desserts or food, like when we get ICE-CREAM or DONUTS like every once in a blue moon I just bat my eyes and smile and ask, and they give it to me! Thank you Heavenly Father for making me somewhat cute so I get good food. Oh yesterday morning we had CEREAL!!!!! Finally, usually its some crazy stuff, but since I made friends witht the cafeteria lady and made some connections with some Elders I get to ask for more of the good food whenever I want! Awesome right?! Well, I am going to enjoy all the good food I get while it lasts because once i'm out on the field,  I'm not going to get the good foods i'm familiar with. So anyway as I was heading to the temple I was telling my "Kasamas" ...I call my roomies companions (Kasamas) haha we get along so well. They are so darn funny. So anyway, I told them we should go cross the street to head to the temple. My companion had said she was scarred so we
asked the guard if it would be ok,since we were supposed to be there at 6:30AM and he pointed us to
another direction. Who knew that Heavenly Father seriously loves us and is watching over us. The MTC has an underground tunnel , full of like Picture frames of the Savior, that leads you right to Temple grounds, It's the coolest thing. The temple is so beautiful! and oh my It's just so pretty..it's not as big as the Temple in Vegas but its still pretty great. Anyway, when there is something difficult the filipino's say "nose-bleed" just like we say "oh piece of cake" when something is easy. So it has rained about 3 times and its unlike anything I have ever seen before.
Ummm, apparently I am good at basketball...and everyone wants me on there team...I mean who wouldn't "joklang" haha means "joking". what else can I tell you????  I left my planner upstairs where it had everything I wanted to say, but I don't want to waste a second I get to email home. Oh did I tell you I also went to the market which is like 3 minutes away and bought chocolate?! Yeah, I did because thats like my dinner haha. ok I can't think of anything else to say...but I know there's so much more I'd like to say, I just can't think so I am going to send some pictures.
oh, by the way I have like a ton of slave (; who just take my trays and sister Walker and I are getting like all the attention.
There was a devotional and they choose me to say closing prayer and some sisters were like, why do they always pick you? And I said idk but in my mind i was like "I mean seriously why wouldn't you pick me" haha maybe my heads getting a little to big being here..whoops! I will try being humble.
So Anyway in my prayer I had messed up on one of the Elders name who's serving here with his wife...he's super funny he's from Utah I think,  so the next day he put a sticker on with  the wrong name I had said when referring to him...Instead of "jackson" I said "johnson" haha everyone was giving me such a hard time but it was funny... I can't think of anything else so when I do I will let you know on friday.
MTC President Beck said not to have anyone send packages because it gets crazy and then when we leave its hard to track.  They said to send it to my mission address...idk what thaT IS SO i WILL HAve it next Friday. Uhm, Love you all tons!!!

Ugh, camera cord not working, pictures next week..

Love you all,
Sister Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment