SISTER NORMA BAUTISTA

QUEZON CITY NORTH MISSION
8/13 TO 3/15

Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving

Dear Pamilya at mga Kaibigan,

Maganda Umaga! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and ate lots of good stuff. Guess what I had for Thanksgiving? Wait, were you thinking RICE?! "Ay Naku" (goodness) how did you know?! Well, apparently Thanksgiving is an American holiday. We don't celebrate it here. Anyway, it was great. That Thursday, after Bishop's Dinner, my Kasama and I celebrated with our mga Kabahay. They put hearts along the stairs and attacked our wall with pick hearts all which had quotes. Then we celebrated with ice cream and "Nips" for toppings, choco syrup, and orange soda. That's how we do it in the Philippines.

Wow. I can not believe how fast time has gone by, speedy fast that's for sure! 3 months have gone by, and I am down for another 15 months! A lot has happened and sometimes I don't write because I have so much to say, and don't know where to start. So I'll tell you about last week. Last week I went to the spa which I didn't do so well . I was afraid I the spa thing was going to go all wrong. I was afraid I was going to end up with open wounds and catch some horrible disease "pero"it all went well. After squealing and biting onto my t-shirt and holding onto one of my kabahay I allowed the fish to eat my dead skin. Anyway this last Tuesday we went to a buffet and it was 150 pesos each and you must eat ALL the food off your plate before going back for more. If you don't eat ALL of it you must pay twice . So that was fun. Anyway, since it's thanksgiving I think I should tell you one of the things that I am grateful for. I LOVE MY FAMILY and they mean the world to me! I love my supportive fiends who show me so much support and love ! I am grateful for the gospel and the privilege I have to serve as a missionary. I have never experienced greater joy that the joy that comes from those who accept the gospel. I am seeing lives change for the better and all because of the gospel! I am having an adventure of a lifetime, making memorable memories ,and developing lasting friendships that will last a lifetime! I love being a missionary. I have grown so much and have seen a lot! I have learned to appreciate life and not take ANYTHING for granted. I have learned and still learning the true value of charity. I am learning to nor only HAVE charity , but BE charity! I am enjoying every minute and every moment. I have learned that being a missionary also definitely has it challenges, pero they only make me that much stronger! I would not trade these short 3 months for anything! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. Anyone who's capable and worthy should serve an honorable mission. I have come to realize that my family will receive blessing regardless if I'm a good or bad missionary. However, after my mission I will receive the blessings according to what I plant and harvest. I am doing my best for my Family and I! I'm not only making my family proud, but my Heavenly Father. I am dedicated to him and serving him faithfully and with loyalty and obedience. This is an adventure of a lifetime! I love the people and the culture!

Cherish everything you have!

Have a great week and find ways to serve one another.

Love,
Sister Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment