SISTER NORMA BAUTISTA

QUEZON CITY NORTH MISSION
8/13 TO 3/15

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dear Lovely Family and Friends,

Pasencya po sobrang matagal hindi na magupdate kayo po. So much has happened since I last updated you all. Sorry It has taken me so long...I usually hand-write my stories to my family..it's a lot easier that way. However, I do remember telling you all that I would take you along on my adventure dito sa Philippines. I am sorry I have not gone through with what I had said. I guess it's still not to late, diba? I will update you all on what has happened this week. It was very amazing actually. We have District meeting every Tuesday. District meeting is where we have a workshop from our District Leader...The workshop is supposed to help us learn how or what we can do to be better missionaries. It is also a time to share what has happened during the week. It's where we have the chance to seek advice from other missionaries and also learn from one another. There is this one Elder I really like to point out. He has come up with a genius idea. He has tried it out for a week and finally shared it with us last week. It works wonders! Instead of knocking on doors or O.Y.Ming our district has decided to use His idea. He has made up this survey of questions. Instead of just randomly walking up to someone and sharing what we know to be true we have this new approach now. People seem to respond well to it. We now walk up to people and ask them if they will be willing to help us out by answering a few questions...we tell them it will take no more than 3 minutes. They seem to be excited...Sadly, I didn't bring it with me this morning, but I will tell you what the question are along with one of the many experience we had with the survey or questionere. I will share that with you next week s stay tuned! (: Anyway, My new companion and I have been doing a lot to build up our ward. We are seeing such great changes and we are working with the leaders and members and wow! Missionary work is amazing! It's amazing what love and desire does to the hearts of people! Thisngs start changing for the better. our ward is picking up and people are returing and I love watching this ward grow!  I told my Family about these 3 little children we are teaching! They are so ready to be baptized and start on the road to eternal life. It's so great to see how much they have grown . They are not the same little kids I knew  a month ago. I wish I can tell you everything, but I am running out! Just know that soon they will be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. I love these three so much they are so special to me along with many others! Pero anyway, I have realized that one of the biggest reasons people leave the church for a time or become less active is because they get offended. You know that being offended is a choice. let us not get to this point. Before we decided we wont go back to church because of something someone said or did to offend us...let us rethink...think twice before finalizing your decision. Lets think of our future, our purpose dito sa mundo, the reason why we attend church. Are you going to let something someone said  or did stop you from progresssing to eternal life? Are you going to let them dictate your life? Or are you going to keep pressing forward? May we use our agency wisely.

Sister Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment